The Toxicology Lab clinched the Malaysia Chemistry Institute Excellent Laboratory Award in 2016 and 2017.
- Chemicals or adulterants in foods and drinks
- Chemicals in environmental samples
- Chemicals or adulterants in herbal preparations
- Chemicals or adulterants in pharmaceuticals
- Chemicals in cosmetics
- Chemicals or adulterants in other consumer products
- Detection of unknown substances
- Drug screening
- Corticosteroid screening
- Pesticide screening
- Heavy metal
- Nicotine and cotinine in urine
- Nicotine and cotinine in hair
Research collaborations with researches from USM, other higher educational institutions, research institutions, government and private agencies including NGO's are welcome.
Laboratory facilities for research, educational and training activities are available.
Training (lectures and practicals) on drugs related topics, chemicals, poison identifications and instrumentations, analytical method development and validations are regularly conducted.
- Toxicology and Toxicovigilance
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacovigilance
- Analytical method development and validation
- Heavy metals
- Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS)
- Liquid Chromatograph-Tandem Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS andLC- MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatograph-Nitrogen phosphorous/Flame lonisation Detectors (GC-NPD/FID)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph-Diode array detector (HPLC)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (AAS)
- UV-VIS Spectophotometer
- Mercury Analyser
- Gel Imager